Easy to Digest Foods

Category Dieting
When someone is having trouble with digestion, you need to find foods that are easy on the stomach and taste good. This guide is about easy to digest foods.

My husband has problems with his stomach. He can not eat anything heavy for supper. He is only eating oatmeal right now. I need some ideas on meals I can fix that will be easy on his digestive system and actually taste good. He is getting so tired of oatmeal and I have not been able to find something different.

Please help me. I am desperate to find some good meals. He is hard working and needs good, easy to digest meals.

By Donna Renee from Atlanta, TX

Answers

It's impossible (if not dangerous) to give advice not knowing what your husband's digestive trouble is. A visit to the doctor is in order. Ask his health care professional for a diet he can tolerate.

Google "Bland Diet" for foods that are easy to digest and are recommended for people with stomach difficulties. Avoid foods that are spicy, high in fat and coarse fiber and caffeine.

As OliveOyl said, have the doc check him out. If all is ok, other than digestive issue, try digestive enzymes, probiotics, digestive grape bitters [about 1/3 dropperful on the back of the tongue] which stimulates stomach acid, which is a GOOD thing. Also zinc [50mg] and Vitamin B are also good for digestion. Even a hot drink of water with a splash of apple cider vinegar and some ginger after the meal will help. These things have all helped me with digestion.

I agree with OliveOyl. Be sure there is no more serious problem and gradually change the diet. My hubby had pancreas problems and had to be careful of what he ate. That is slowly being resolved.