Eating Before Bedtime

There are many differing opinions on what to eat before bedtime or whether to eat at all. This is a guide about eating before bedtime.

What foods are OK to eat before bedtime?

By Bob

Best Answer

Any foods are okay to eat before bedtime. Many people have some fruit, or toast, or cereal. I eat supper late, and so save the dessert to eat even later while I watch TV. Do not eat a heavy meal late in the evening, and if you are bothered by heartburn, it is not a good idea to eat the foods that trigger your heartburn in the evening, as they will likely be worse when you are laying down. That is my experience, anyway.

Stay away from large portions of food and anything that tends to trigger heartburn. If you can, wait an hour before you turn in, and sleep in an elevated position to discourage acid reflux.
Many do not realize that heartburn can cause cancer. I'm just letting you know so that you won't wind up like my father (he died of esophageal cancer in April; we didn't know his heartburn was anything more than a nuisance, until it was too late).

Go to: for more information.