Egg Filled Tuna Croquettes
Potatoes and tuna - these are just two of the many foods that my eldest son loves to have on his plate. Today I tried another recipe and luckily, he liked it so much that he wanted me to make more.
- 1 can (60g) tuna
- 2 - 3 potatoes, boiled
- 6 - 8 quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or Japanese bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- oil for cooking
- Mash potatoes in a bowl. Add tuna flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to evenly combine.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture and press it flat into the spoon. Place a peeled quail egg in the center.
- Roll to completely cover the egg with tuna mixture to form to a ball.
- You can refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Coat each ball with beaten eggs.
- Roll over corn starch or bread crumbs.
- Drop them straight into deep fryer. Cook until brown and crisp.
- Adjust heat from high, to medium, to low to allow the inside to cook and prevent the outside from burning.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!