Sewing MachinesMachines

Embroidery Machine Not Picking Up Bobbin Thread

I just got a new to me/used Brother embroidery machine. When I took it out it was just fine, but after a few tines of embroidering with it, now I can't get it to pick up the bottom thread. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

By joann from Pawpaw, WV

There may just be a bit of thread-fuzz down in the bobbin area. Something simple like that often throws things off with any kind of sewing of embroidery machine. I've lost hours of work trying to figure out what was wrong and found that the top thread had come out of just one area that didn't show up.

Sometimes you can fix a problem like this just by removing your thread spool and the bobbin completely, clean all areas around both bobbin and upper thread paths with a small sewing machine brush or paintbrush, and re-thread it all again with thread you know to be good. Hope you find what's the matter, it's so disheartening, I know.