Evening Out Light Patches on Linoleum Left by Cleaning

Our linoleum floor in the kitchen was covered with light scratches, and I used whitening toothpaste and a toothbrush to gently sand them away - which worked great - except now there are lighter streaks all over the floor where I scrubbed. Is there any way to even out the light patches with the rest of the floor without sanding the whole thing?

We had this issue in a townhome I lived in the 1980s, only I used Comet or some other cleanser product and then had to do the entire floor with Comet to get it to even out. I was shocked that we got our security deposit back as to me, even though it was brighter, it was clearly not the original finish to the floor.

I dont think so. You rubbed the color out.