Fabric Keyboard Cover
March 28, 2021
I needed a custom-made keyboard cover to protect this keyboard I inherited from my father who passed away in 1998.
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- sewing machine
- paper for pattern
- measuring tape
- Measure sides of keyboard (both ends) since they are usually triangular shaped--wider at the end and narrower at the front. Measure the length and depth of the top of the keyboard. Make pattern pieces from paper leaving a 1/2" border to allow for the seam.
- Using the pattern pieces, cut out the middle piece (*I wanted to use a coordinating fabric that matched a set of curtains, but it wasn't long enough, so I had to add a solid piece of fabric to my cover) and the two side pieces.
- Pin and sew the two side pieces, right sides together, along the edge of the sides. For the corner, fold fabric as shown in pictures. Sew around the "corner" of both sides.
- For the back of the cover, a slit can be made with scissors to cover around the bottom of the music stand.
- Turn under the fabric all the way around the piece and iron. Turn up again and machine hem around the entire piece.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.