Fairy Light Dome Souvenir
Vote for this contender! (0 votes)
Souvenirs are always present in occasions especially on weddings. We all want to impress our guests with the most unique giveaways. If you are in a tight budget, you can never find the good looking ones for a low cost. You can always choose a DIY option to get your desired quality. Just make sure you do it the earliest possible to save your time for the big day.
Total Time: 5 minutes per dome
- 3 oz or 6 oz plastic cupcake domes
- Green glittered foam pad or artificial grass paper
- Old magazine pages or bondpaper
- Tulle cloth (1/4 meter makes 100 pcs) cut into 2.5 in x 6 in
- Mini artificial flowers (assorted)
- Additional preferred decoration such as mini butterflies or stamen buds
- Fairy lights 1 meter (10 led lights)
- Floral tape
- Hot glue
- Measure the base of the cupcake dome and cut out a circle shaped glittered foam pad based on the measurement. Or place artificial grass on the base of the dome. Glue it in place.
- Roll a magazine page to form a thin but firm stick. Cut it into 1.5 inch strips. You will need three strips per dome. You can also cut twigs for more natural look but if twigs are not available, paper is the best alternative.
- Glue the strips together to form a frame like structure. Cover it with floral tape.
- Make the frame stand into the base.
- Roll tulle cloth around the frame.
- Decorate the sides with stamen buds and artificial flowers or anything you like to put on your fairy dome.
- Add a picture or a quote.
- Glue the switch of the fairy lights under the base.
- Pull up the wire and roll it around inside.
- Cover the dome and let the lights spread freely inside. You can also align the lights if you want to make it look more neat.
- Seal the dome with glue then wrap a ribbon around.
- Switch on the fairy light to see the beautiful effects.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.