Fake Fur Craft Ideas

Category Other

There are many ways that fur can be incorporated into your projects. This page contains fake fur craft ideas.

Can anyone help? I have just been given generous amounts of fur fabric by a friend. So far i have made a large pencil case for my niece but that's all. Apart from making teddy bears with the fabric- has anyone got some creative ideas for what to do with it please?

Many thanks.

Monique from Somerset.UK

Answers

Could you be more specific about the amounts?

Sofa pillows would be nice. Fake fur jackets are cute for little girls if you have enough.

It can also be used for trim.
If you have a child who likes Barbie dolls I am sure Barbie needs a fur coat.

Thank you for your comments. There are some ideas there i would never have thought of.
And i have ALOT. Yards and yards and yards of every colour!
Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.
I live on a tight budget so ideas for xmas gifts would be great.
Thank you.
Monique x

You can also make hand puppets. My grandson has a yellow one that is a bird. So cute!

You could make a blanket or couch throw with different colors on each side. Fake fur purses/totes, headbands and scarves, vests, a fur stole for the prom girl - all could work.

If you live where people need ice scrapers and snow brushes for their cars, you could buy scrapers/brushes at the dollar store, and make fur mitts with the scraper blade/brush outside and the handle inside. Keeps the snow from going down your coat sleeves.

Whatever you do, please share the results with us.

Lap robes for elderly people and half-size blankets for tucking over your feet and legs when you are sitting in a cold living room are great. You can even put a "foot pocket" at the bottom and make it big enough to go up over your waist. (Be sure to tell your cat, "MY blanket, not yours" because they love them too!) Pet blankets will make your cat or dog happy!

Cantate

Pillows, all girls,little or big love pillows on their bed.
Also maybe vests if you have someone to make them for or even make them and sell them.

I have made lots of puppets with fur especially the Sesame Street ones. Monsters are always popular as well as lots of other animals. With my little scraps left over, I make a lot of cute furry finger puppets. You can make whole sets of them with a theme like wild animals or barnyard animals and even animal pillows too. So cute and cuddly. They make one feel all warm and fuzzy. LOL Hope that helps. SueQ

I don't know how cold it gets where you live but I made some mitts with fake fur. They have been the warmest around for 10 years at least. Since I'm in Northern Canada I use them to shovel. They are wearing out and I will be looking for more. Be sure to put the fur side in and keep wiping the sewing machine needle(thread and all) with alchohol if it gets sticky from the furs backing.

Hey, nobody mentioned scatter rugs. Just be sure and add non-slip to the back with permanent fabric glue or by stitching. Also if u are really ambitious and have a simple chair, why not cover it with fun fur. Lets hope your new stash includes some funky colors. Hats and matching mitts would be fun too,just use a pattern for fleece and have fun!

Also, muffs and my personal favorite, car seat covers.

At this time of year Halloween costumes come to mind(Lions, tigers, bears etc)

I have a lot of furry fabric and I don't know any fun and easy projects to do. Please help.

I just bought a square of thick fake fur from Walmart and a really long, but wide strip of thin leopard skin themed fake fur. Does anyone one have any ideas for what I can make for myself or my pets? (I have 2 cats and a large Labrador)

By Hannah