Family Size Chicken Pot Pie

I am still doing my COVID meals for 4 families in my neighborhood. I am just loving it. I have also received some resource help through church funding which has been a great blessing, and very rewarding! I tried a new recipe of my own to make square foil pan Chicken Pot pies 'Family Size' and they came out great.

These ingredients are for four large baking pans. You can cut this recipe in half and have one for dinner and freeze another.

• 3 lb whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
  • Seasonings; 1/4 tsp of each until you do a test taste; black pepper, season salt, garlic powder, celery salt, a pinch of red crushed pepper, dill weed, chives, parsley, & basil.
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup with 1 can of milk
  • 1 - 2 cup chicken broth with 1 envelope of onion soup mix and 4 Tbls of Wondra (fine sifted flour) mixed together well
  • 2 bags (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 lasagne size foil steam pan
  • For pie crusts; I use a few short cuts in my cooking! Pie crust is one of them. I buy Pillsbuy ready made crust, take it out of the fridge 1 hour before using
  • 1 egg beaten, for an egg wash
  • 1 bag of egg noodles per 2 dinners cooked, to serve under the pot pie

1. Cut up each chicken breast into cubes, put the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and marinade with any salad dressing (I use Yasou Greek), just about 1/2 cup in the refrigerator for an hour.
  2. Advertisement

3. Start preparing the sauce. In a bowl, use 1 envelope of onion soup mix, 1/4 cup of Wondra flour (or flour) mix with 3 cups of chicken broth, stir very well. Put aside.
  4. Using a large skillet, a little olive oil, heat... drop in all the chicken and stir until golden brown.
  5. Add the measuring cup of broth, soup mix and Wondra to the chicken, stirring very well, this will thicken like a gravy. You can add the remaining chicken broth.
  6. Let this simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the frozen mixed vegetables. Let this simmer. At this time, have the pie crusts out in room temperature.
  7. Advertisement

8. Now add the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 can of milk. Stir well until everything is smoothly combined. Now add your spices! Stir.
  9. Turn the skillet off. Have your pans on the side of the stove for easy filling. I make two pans at a time. Fill each pan 1/2 full of filling.
  10. Take one roll of pie crust, flour your work space, flour your rolling pin. Unroll the dough. Using the rolling pin, roll back and forth to make a rectangle. When you think it is big enough, lift gently, and carefully put over the top of the pan.
  11. Advertisement

12. With the extra edges, just pinch them together. Put a few small slits in the top of the crust.
  13. Then beat 1 egg, using clean hands, take a handful of egg wash and smooth over the crust. This will give the crust a shiny golden brown crust!
  14. Bake in 350F oven for 40 minutes. I love to serve this over light egg noodles or white rice.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesAugust 12, 2020
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Family-Size-Chicken-Pot-Pie-1.html