Faux Leather Sofa Is Peeling

Category Sofas
If you have furniture with vinyl or another material that resembles leather, you may find that it will crack over time. This page has solutions for a faux leather sofa is peeling.

I have a "leather like" sofa that has spots where it is peeling away. What can I do to fix it or just prevent it from getting worse?

Answers

I feel your pain. I had this, didnt address it and now my couch looks horrible!

I looked here there seems to be a tutorial: www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLvQiT9oZo

and also these guys have this to say: "When fake leather begins to peel and crack, a vinyl and leather repair kit with included tints allows you to make a repair that closely matches the shade of the material." homeguides.sfgate.com/repair-peeling-fake-leather-90830...

Or here: "To properly repair faux leather, you'd begin by applying a repair compound like our FC1 Soft Filler to create a new vinyl-like surface. This creates water repellency and reflects light similarly to the original material. Dyeing the repair is the final step (or perhaps a coat of Clear Prep+Finish for more luster). However, any new coating on an already unstable surface will add more weight, accelerate wear, and ultimately suffer the same fate." www.rubnrestore.com/.../

Amazon has a product called ReStorIt, but it has gotten mixed reviews. www.amazon.com/.../B001E01TPK (Affiliate Link)

Real leather is much easier to fix. If it is a fairly new sofa, I would contact the store or manufacturer.

Peel it all off! I did. Now it looks like a new suede sofa!

How did you do it? By hand? Chemically? This chair is so comfortable my Honey loves it, but I can't afford no expensive repair kit.

Thanks.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasMarch 15, 2018
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 09:43:06 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️