Fear Factor Themed Party

Category Party Themes
Fear Factor was a TV stunt/reality show popular in the early 2000s. The contestants, for example, were asked to perform stunts or eat disgusting substances. This is a guide about Fear Factor themed party.

I need some ideas for fear factor party for an 11 year old. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Taylor from houston, TX

Answers

We went to my husbands work Christmas party one year and they played a "fear factor" type game. They brought out a "kitty litter cake", which I have always thought was disgusting looking. I informed them that we were going to loose as I wasn't eating that!! You can get the recipe anywhere. Try putting it in a search engine and I bet you will get lots of them.

My three year old son is a HUGE Fear Factor fan and it's going to be the theme of his birthday party (coming up in a few months... I'm a planner!). Any ideas for making seemingly-gross or pseudo-dangerous treats or games?

MathieusMama

my daughter had a fear factor party and i got a big glass bowl and filled it with rocks and little things to grab out. I filled it with water and put leaches in. The girls were very freaked out. They were harmless.

We planned a fear factor party last year. We took fudge covered fish sticks posing as dog droppings, and had the children pick them up with thier feet. They had 30 seconds to put as many as they could in a bowl.

when i was a little girl i had a sleep over and we played fear factor. one of the games i remember playing was "bobbing for turds" similar to bobbing for apples. What we did was fill a big bowl with unflavored lemonaid... (you can just use the kool-aid packets that require sugar and just leave the sugar out) and we got the mini snickers candies and kind of mushed them but not to where they would break. we left them in the lemonaid mix for 15-20 min before the game so they were somewhat soggy. we put a new toilet seat we bought from a store on top of the bowl to give it the effect that we were bobbig in a toilet. but we ended up takng it off because none of our heads would fit all the way in it. haha. it was really fun and to this day my friends that were there still talk about it and im in my last years of high school. hope i helped out!

You could get gummy worms wet and the put them in a bowl with pudding and have kids blindfolded reach in and eat the gummy worms thinking they were real.

A great baby shower game can also work great at a fear factor themed party. Melt different candy bars in diapers. I picked six different candy bars and melted them in the microwave and the kids had to guess what was in the diaper by smelling and looking. It looks gross being that it is in a diaper!

Where did you get your supplies?

My son will be turning 9 this Oct. We would like to do a "fear factor" birthday party for him and a 'few' friends. The party will be held at our local park. Please submit any suggestions that you may have for the eating and physical challenges. Please be "kid friendly"! LOL

Thanks In Advance,
Michelle

Answers:

Fear Factor Themed Party

My son and daughter-in-law had a Halloween party for some small kids, you don't want the rest of the kids scared just cause your son likes weird stuff. They made "lady-finger cookies", brain rice Krispie treats, "worm sandwiches.

To make the cookies, use a roll of sugar cookie dough and roll into a "log" shape. Make a few cuts (not all the way through" for the knuckles, press a slivered almond at the top for a fingernail. Bake. Then pipe with the tube of red gel a line around the cuticle.

For the brain Rice Krispie treats make the Rice Krispie recipe except use the pastel colored marshmallows. They will melt up grey! Take a handful of the mixture glob like shape and use your hand to shape them into a brain. Add veins with the red gel.

Worms sandwiches were my favorite. Take hot dogs, slice them the long way, place in boiling water, the hot dogs will curl up. Serve them on hamburger buns with blood and puss (ketchup and mustard). Have fun! (06/15/2005)

By Mary

Fear Factor Themed Party

We had a Fear Factor themed Halloween party last year. They had jello squares with a piece of white rice in it for the "maggot" and a raisin in a square of jello that was a "fly". And they had pieces of fudge rolled up into balls which was supposed to be "goat poop" or "rabbit poop". I'm not sure but the kids liked it. And they had peanut butter and powdered sugar rolled up into "cat poop". My kids enjoyed all the gross food, of course. They also had games where they tied up the kids feet and locked them and then had to race to unlock the lock. There were a few different keys and they had to find the right key. I hope this gives you a few ideas. (06/16/2005)

By luv2craft

Fear Factor Themed Party

We had one for a 10 year old and I first told them that everything was totally edible and safe. They wore blindfolds and ate at the same time. We used airheads for cow tongue, grapes for eyeballs, jello for brains, etc. (06/16/2005)

By Ann

Fear Factor Themed Party

You might want to check Oriental Trading company. They usually have strange items. There are also party websites that offer so many good ideas. If you just type "party planning" in your search bar it will give you tons of them. Good luck. (06/16/2005)

By Yoshua Patterson

Fear Factor Themed Party

Hey, my ideas are not as good as the others... but here goes! When my friends and I do fear factor for fun we just go around the house, gather different spices, such as paprika, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and so on and so forth! Then mix in tea, water, juice, or what ever else you have and time all of them to see who can drink it faster!!! I hope that I have helped! (07/02/2005)

By Karli

Fear Factor Themed Party

Just wanted to thank everyone that had replied to my request for ideas for my sons party. He really liked them all. Especially the person that had 16 different activities!! Thank you so much. I am sure that it will be a success.

Sincerely,
Michelle (09/06/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Fear Factor Themed Party

I had a surprise party for my friend when we were 12 and no one knew we were going to do stunts from fear factor. We played lots of fun games that included tying donuts to trees and the guests would eat as many as they could without their hands! (02/04/2006)

By brynn

Fear Factor Themed Party

I'm a kid's programmer and I did a Fear Factor themed night! (the whole time they were blind folded) I boiled cauliflower for brains, peeled grapes for eye balls, rice for maggots and then I showed them real worms, blind folded them again and they ate gummy worms that had been sitting in water for about half an hour! You should have seen their face! (02/16/2006)

By Kaitie Allin

Fear Factor Themed Party

Last year we had a Fear Factor b-day party for my 12 year old cousin. When the girls first arrived we split them into teams of two. In order to keep the teams random we had them pick team names out a hat. The party was a hug success. It was talked about at school for two weeks. It was such a big hit we are doing it again this year. Some of the games are the new games for this year and some where from last year.

I looked on several websites and used some ideas and modified them to fit our situation. If I used one of your ideas THANK YOU! We did some mental challenges, physical challenges and gross challenges to even the playing ground. The win team was awarded with a $10 gift certificate, each girl got a bag of goodies for being a good sport and participating. This year I thought I would supply my ideas. THANKS AGAIN for all those that gave me some of these great activities.

Maggot & Fly Jell-O Balls (Game 1) (individual)

Objective: To eat your maggot & fly jell-o ball the fastest

Rules: Each girl will complete the challenge one at a time, this is a timed challenge

Setup: Prepare Jell-o in a muffin pan, cook the rice, Once the Jell-O starts to set, add the rice and raisins. For extra goo add strawberry syrup to after the jell-o is set.

Supplies: Muffin pan, muffin tins, 2 boxes of strawberry jell-o, white rice, raisins and strawberry sauce.

Scoring: The three that complete this challenge the fastest will receive points First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points

Lock & Key (GAME 2) (Team)

Objective: Which three teams can find the key and unlock their partner the fastest

Rules: Each team will decide which partner is going to be chained up and which partner is going to find the key. Both girls will sit on the ground with their back away from the key. When the clock starts the key finder will get up run to the bucket and locate the key. Once the key is found the key finder will run back to their partner unlock them and once both team members are standing the clock will start.

Setup: Kitty Litter in a bucket. Key already berried.

Supplies: Bucket, Kitty Litter, Chain and Pad lock or hand cuffs

Scoring: The three teams that complete the challenge the fastest will add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Bobbing for Eye Balls (Game 3) (Individual) Objective: Retrieve as many eye balls as possible in 1 minute and 30 second

Rules: You will bob for eye balls with your hands behind your back. You will have 1 minute and 30 seconds to retrieve as many eye balls as possible

Setup: Fill large bucket/tub with water, pigs feet and Brussels sprouts

Supplies: large bucket/tub pigs feet and fresh Brussels sprouts because they are firmer.

Scoring: The three individuals that complete the challenge the fastest will add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Chow Time (Game 4) (Individual)

Objective: To eat your dog food the fastest

Rules: Two players from opposite teams will head-off. On your knees with your hands behind your back you will try to eat your dog food the fastest.

Setup: Empty 5-6 cans of potted meat into a bowl. Empty a can of dog food to make the girls think they are eating dog food.

Supplies: 5-6 cans of potted meat, 2 dog bowls and a can of dog food.

Scoring: The person to eat their dog food the fastest out of each heat will get 3 points

Ring Toss (Game 5) (Team)

Objective: Catch as many rings as possible

Rules: Each team will decide who is going to throw the rings and who is going to catch the rings. The person throwing the rings must stand behind the line backwards looking forward only. They will toss the ring over their shoulder to their team member. The person catching the ring must also stand behind the line and try to catch the ring. If the person catching the ring goes over the line and catches the ring the catch will not count.

Setup: Have tape lines on grass about 10-12 feet apart

Supplies: Masking Tape, Pool Rings

Scoring: One point will be awarded for each ring that is caught.

Downward Facing Dog (Game 6) (Individual)

Objective: Test your stamina

Rules: Each person will get in the yoga position "downward facing dog" and try to stay in that position for as long as you can.

Scoring: The three individuals that stay in this position the longest will win. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Twisted (Game 7) (Individual)

Objective: Numbers from 0-5 will be placed . Each Color will represent a gross/slimy food. Toss your bean bag to one of the colored circles. That color will represent the food you need to eat.

Rules: Each player will draw a number from a jar that is from 0-5. Then toss their bean bag onto the twister game where each color represents a food. You will be required to eat the amount of food that you drew.

Supplies: 1 Bean Bag, Twister game, Cut Numbers from 0-5, a jar/bowl for the numbers, frozen green beans, strawberry chocolate (Covered Slugs) night before dip green beans into chocolate and allow to harden, 3 large cans tuna and 1 bunch celery (Fish Logs) Cut the celery, place drain the tuna and place it in a bowl, 1 hour before party place tuna on celery, Red Jelly and Baloney, (Flesh and goo) 1 hour before party fill baloney with jelly and cut in half.

Scoring: For each food item you eat you receive 1 point. If you complete the challenge you get a total of 10 points. This includes those individuals that draw the number zero

Chinese Noodles (Game 8) (Individual)

Objective: Retrieve as many worms as possible

Rules: There are two bowls of worms each player will have 1minute and 30 seconds to retrieve as many warms as possible and transfer them to the empty bowl. No using your hands only the straws.

Setup: Blend up the cookies to make them look like dirt and add the gummy worms

Supplies: Oreo cookies, three large bowls, straws, gummy worms

Scoring: The players that complete the challenge the fastest will add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Boggle My Mind (Game 9) (Individual)

Objective: Remember as many answers as you can.

Rules: At the beginning of the party I will go around and ask each person a series of questions. These questions/answers will be used for a challenge towards the end of the night. When we ask the question you can not write down any answers until it is time to play Boggle my Mind.

Setup: Have the each persons name and the questions that they will be asked written down on a piece of paper. This will allow the facilitator to write down the answers as the plays give them. Also have all of the questions ready for each of the plays to answers.

Supplies: Q&A sheets with writing utensils.

Scoring: At the end of 10 minutes the players will switch papers and check the answers. One point will be awarded for each question answered correctly.

Questions:

Doggie Treats (Game 10 ) (Individual)

Objective: Transfer as many doggie treats in your mouth from one bowl to another in 1 minute. The bowls will be on opposite sides of the room.

Rules: You will lock your hands behind your back and using only your mouth you will race to transfer as many doggie bones from one bowl to the next in 1 minute

Supplies 60-100 doggie bones (some small and some large) two large bowls

Scoring: The three individuals that complete the challenge the with the most bones will each add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Strong Girl Challenge (Game 11) (Team)

Objective: Which three teams can finish the Strong Girl Challenge the fastest. 15 sit-ups, 5 push ups, 10 jumping jacks and play jingle bells on the piano

Rules: Each team will complete the challenge one at a time. Each team member must do 15 sit-ups you can do the, sit-up at the same time or you can do them one at a time while your partner holds your feet. The team must complete 5 push ups. You can do girl push ups or regular push ups. Again you can do them one at a time or at the same time. Each team member must then complete 10 jumping jacks. As your last event the team must play jingle bells on the Each team member must then complete 10 jumping jacks. As your last event the team must play jingle bells on the

Setup: number keys and create sheet music

Supplies: sheet music

Quick Hands (Team)

Objective: The first three teams to put their puzzle together the fastest will add points to their score

Rules: When the judge says go start assembling your puzzle. Once you have all your pieces together raise your hand and say finished.

Setup: Have puzzles downstairs

Supplies: 5 puzzles

Scoring: The three teams that complete the challenge the fastest will add points to their team score.First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Glob of GOO (Team)

Objective: Taste and identify as many globs of goo as possible.

Rules: This is a team event. There will be a tray with globs of goo. Each team will taste and identify the globs of goo Each team will decide how they will go about the task. For example, you can take turns with each team member, tasting and trying to identify the globs of goo. Once the glob of goo is tasted the contestant will try to identify the glob of goo by whispering the name in the judges ear. Remember, keep a tough face when tasting each glob of goo. You don't want the other girls to know if the glob is good or bad. Also, remember to whisper when identifying the glob of goo because don't want to give away the name.

Setup: Have masking tape labels on the bottom of the tray with the names and color of the baby food. Note: Be sure to hide the jars of baby food.

Supplies: One large tray, 6 jars of baby food, spoons for tasting.

Scoring: For each glob of goo tasted the team will receive one point. Once you taste the glob of goo if you can identify what it is your team will receive another point. There is a possible 12 points that can be awarded in this challenge.

Memory (Individual)

Objective: Get as many matches as possible

Rules: Everyone will play at the same time. We will go around the table and each person will have one turn to try and make a match.

Setup: Have memory downstairs

Supplies: The memory Game

Scoring: The three individuals that make the most matches will add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Mystery Munch (Individual)

Objective: Identify and or taste as many items as possible.

Rules: Each team member will be taken into the laundry room blind folded. They will put there hands in a bowl and try to identify the contents. If you are brave enough to taste the contents you will get an additional point.

Setup: Have all food items in a baggy ready to go.

Supplies: Bowls, Blind fold, towel, over cooked rice, olives, canned pinto beans, pigs feet, sunflower seeds, canned cream corn.

Scoring: For each item tasted you will receive one point. For each item identified you will receive another point. There are 12 possible points to be added to your teams score.

Word Ransack (Individual)

Objective: The first three to complete the crossword puzzle will win.

Rules: This is an individual event, and the winners will contribute points to their team score. Each individual will receive a crossword puzzle with about 50 words. The cross word contains everyone's plus some fun words. When you are Finished yell FINISHED and everyone must turn their paper over and put their pencils down. The crossword will be validated for accuracy. Once it is validated the facilitator will say continue. Once the second person is finished yell FINISHED and everyone must turn their paper over and put their pencils down. The crossword will be validated for accuracy. Continue for the third winner.

Setup: Have crossword puzzle completed contain all girls names

Supplies: crossword puzzles, pencils.

Egg Toss (Team)

Rules: Each team will decide who will be the pitcher and who will be the catcher. At any point you can switch and the catcher can become the pitcher and the pitcher can become the catcher. You will stand behind the line and try to catch the unboiled eggs. Each team will go one at a time.

Setup: Cut up trash bags to be laid on the lawn. Mask tape two lines on the yard if different than 10-12 feet.

Supplies: Eggs (20) trash bags, rain coats or covers.

Scoring: For each egg that is caught and does not break you will get three points.

Basket of Worms (Individual)

Objective: Who can Transfer warms from one bowl to another with their hands behind their back the fastest.

Rules: This is an individual event but the score will contribute to your team score. Each individual will put their hands behind their back and transfer pasta from one bowl to another bowl. Points will be awarded to the three individual that complete this task the fastest.

Setup: Have a package of cooked spaghetti ready

Note: Rinse the pasta after each girl takes a turn

Scoring: The three individuals that complete the challenge the fastest will each add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points.

Know Your States: (Individual)

Objective: Name as many states as you can that start with the following letters in 2 minutes

Rules: This is an individual (except for Leioka event but the score will contribute to your team score. When the clock starts a board will be turned over containing several letters. Each person has 2 minutes to complete as many states as possible. If you finish before the 2 minutes are up shout FINISHED! The first three to finish or the three to get the most correct will win. Once we have three winners the judge will read the states aloud.

Setup: Prepare the poster board with game name and letters

Supplies: Poster Board, paper, pencils

Dead Fish & Green Grass Juice (Individual)

Objective: Who can eat 1 sardine or anchovies, 1 cracker and drink a glass of Odwalla juice the fastest This is an individual event but the score will contribute to your team score.

Rules: The time will start when the ref says go. The three individuals that complete the objective the quickest
will be awarded points.

Setup: Have all sardines cleaned with heads cut off or use anchovies. Have the Odwalla juice in a different container

Supplies: A box of crackers, 12 sardines/anchovies, paper cups for the juice, Odwalla juice.

Scoring: The three individuals that complete the challenge the fastest will each add points to their team score. First place 5 points, Second place 4 points, Third place 3 points. (02/24/2006)

By Renee

Fear Factor Themed Party

I had a fear factor party once. I had 3 tasks, just like the show.

Pre-organization: Get score sheets and decide how many points given for each task.

1. I ordered bertie botts every flavor beans. I had the guests eat up to 3 'gross' flavors and they got 50 points for each. The grossest were booger, vomit, and, for some reason, soap!

2. For this one, you need 3 bowls. I put in all sorts of different things in each bowl. In one, I put sour cream, pepper, and salt. In another, I put in very STRONG paprika and some other ingredients I found around the house. In the last, I included old milk (which i put in the freezer and made it 'mushy') and some other things. The guests had to take a good smell of each of them. For each they smelled, they got 25 points.

3. The last one was more courage than anything. I had a bowl of 50 grasshoppers (i bought them at a local pet store) with some pennies and game tokens on the bottom. I had the guests have to take out one penny and one game token. It ended up really funny, because someone took all the grasshoppers out (accidentally)! Anyone who tried got 25 points and whoever did it got 100 points.
I had 3 prizes. The person who had the most points got to choose first, then the person with the second most, and then the person with the third most got what was left.

Twist for #3: Put in more than just a few pennies and tell the kids they can keep what they get!

Twist for Prizes: Get $10 for first place and tell each guest to bring a dollar to add to first place. Second place gets $5 and a small prize, and third place gets $2.50 and a VERY small prize.

I hope I helped, it may not sound great, but the guests had a LOT of fun! (05/18/2006)

By Anna

Stinky Twinkies

I suggest Stinky Twinkies: One person gives a twinky to the contestant one after the other (we do three) only the third twinky has been scooped out of the cream filling and stuffed with a pickle spear or a sardine, the kids faces are priceless when they bite into the last one. I tell them that it is a fastest eating contest when they start!! (07/13/2006)

By deanna South Dakota

Fear Factor Themed Party

We just had a party this weekend. First let me tell you to NOT order from Coolbugstuff.com. I ordered some chocolate covered bugs and they shorted me and was suppose to reship new ones overnight. They never did.

Anyway I bought the Harry Potter Jelly beans, pigs feet, sardines, dog bones, and anything I could find gross and put #'s underneath the bowls. The boys had to draw a number and eat whatever the # bowl matched up. I thought for sure some boys would throw up but not a one.

Everybody tried everything and loved it. We also threw in some not gross stuff thinking some wouldn't eat everything. A greased watermelon carry, egg toss and good old fashion pie eating contest.
Good luck (09/07/2006)

By daviska001