Fee for Organizing and Decluttering?

So I decluttered, cleaned, and organized a customer's home while she has been out of town. Since she has been gone I have done 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 closets, one of the closets was as big a room pretty much. And I've been doing loads and loads of laundry. I've spent altogether about 16 hours there.

She will be returning tomorrow and told me to tell her how much and she will write me a check. How much should I ask for? I don't know if I should charge by the hour, the room, or what. I have also been taking care of her 3 cats, guinea pig, and bird. I cleaned out the bird cage as well. I'm not a "professional", but I have done a great job because I am great at and love organizing and cleaning. Any comments or advice would be so great! I've included before and after pictures of some of the work. I live in Braselton, GA. It's about an hour from Atlanta. Thanks!

Wow! I cannot answer your question about what you should charge, however, you may have a huge problem regarding payment. It does not matter if you are or are not a "professional" organizer (or in any field), you should have set all payment requirements BEFORE ever providing any service. I would not be at all surprised if your client refuses to pay what you ask now and finds fault with most of your work to avoid paying.

BEFORE any job or service, even if your client is a relative, friend, etc., you should protect yourself:
*Deciding on a fee-per hour, service type, etc.
*Complete a thorough and detailed "walk-thru" to see EXACTLY WHAT YOUR CLIENT EXPECTS AND DEMANDS.
*Develop a fee contract covering what your client expects re service (as thorough as possible) and exactly what you expect to complete for the job. Your client and you must sign any contract before service.
*State in the contract exactly what you will do if you find "other work" in your service that your client and you have NOT agreed to-such as: extra work you had not anticipated or more than expected work (tons of laundry, more than agreed cleaning, etc.). Will you simply list the problems and not complete them or contact your client re what she/he wants you to do, etc.?
*
This list is only the basics in deciding service and fees but is crucial if you want to be paid for what you will do.

Always Remember-
Work for free or work for full price; never work for nothing!

Anonymous

Maybe $150.00 I am not sure you have to decide this one ..good luck ..

150.00 really, she says she put in 16 hrs. That's. It even 10 bucks and hour and look at the mess, charge at least 20$

Anonymous

200

Best Answer

I'd charge $350. I've been doing this for years. And just per room u did that's $50 a room plus laundry there's another $100 min then the pets another $100 and the normal cleaning another $100.

Anonymous

I think 400-500 for all of the work you have done. Pets, rooms bathrooms, your labor and time. 16 hrs is a lot to dedicate to someone es house cleaning.

Anonymous

I would charge 600!!!!!

I would ask for 400 dollars. I charge between 25 to 30 an hour for cleaning. For 16 hours, I think that's more than reasonable charge.

Don't worry about hourly. I would do a minimum $50 for average sized bedroom(guest bedroom). W/ closet(laundry) $75 and if there is a bathroom as well add another $25-$50 depending on how nasty it is. So that would be $100-$125 for everything.the bathroom you did I would have cleaned it with gasoline and matches! Then $$100 for master bedroom, then add $25-$50 for bedroom and closet, and $100 for bedroom closet and bathroom. So it would be $135-$150 for everything.plus pets and whatever else $500 Would be fair. I would say it was pretty nasty and you made look great. I just charged $800.00 today for a move in ready cleaning today on a 4,300sqft house($.16 per sqft) just whipping all trim, baseboards, window sills, an floors and I always throw in a little extra something to make the customer happy so they would gladly refer me to other people

This question was first posted in April, 2016 but continues to receive reply's and I am wondering what the poster actually ask for and what she was actually paid?? She is probably no where around ThriftyFun any longer so we will probably never know the answers.

What I am curious about is how the homeowners would feel/react if they knew that photos of their home (before!!! and after) were posted for anyone to view? And - even their city is listed for even more personal review. Just curious (thats me)..

Since there was no contract I would suppose a daily rate of 100 to 150 dollars

Business and Legal BusinessApril 6, 2016
🌻
👒
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fee-for-Organizing-and-Decluttering.html