Feed the Monster Math Game
This cute paper bag craft is the basis for a math game that will make learning addition fun. It can be tailored for different ages and skills. Make this fun 'feed the monster' math game using the instructions and photos provided below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun and free addition math game. This concept could be applied to many different types of games including: subtraction, division, alphabets, etc., but here's my example teaching my daughter addition - adding to #5.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- brown paper bag
- construction paper
- glue stick
- googly eyes
- plastic coins
- sticky note pad
- Cut your choice of construction paper to the size of the brown lunch bag. (The color paper you select will be the monster.) You can cut it longer than the length of the bag top to bottom creating enough to turn it in at the top and under the bag at the bottom, if desired. Tape in place.
- Poke a hole in the center of your bag, then cut to create a monster's mouth.
- Glue on a bunch of googly eyes.
- Using toy coins or anything you would like/have on hand, label them with sticky note pad stickers, with the numbers written on them. Write the number you are working with on a larger sticky note.
- Place a new number on the monster and change it as you play. Example #5 on the bag and my daughter will have to collect coins that add up to the number 5.
August 31, 20190 found this helpful
I love learning games! Well done!
September 14, 20190 found this helpful
Me too! Can't go wrong with learning games. :)