Feed the Monster Math Game
This is a fun and free addition math game. This concept could be applied to many different types of games including: subtraction, division, alphabets, etc., but here's my example teaching my daughter addition - adding to #5.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- brown paper bag
- construction paper
- glue stick
- googly eyes
- plastic coins
- sticky note pad
- Cut your choice of construction paper to the size of the brown lunch bag. (The color paper you select will be the monster.) You can cut it longer than the length of the bag top to bottom creating enough to turn it in at the top and under the bag at the bottom, if desired. Tape in place.
- Poke a hole in the center of your bag, then cut to create a monster's mouth.
- Glue on a bunch of googly eyes.
- Using toy coins or anything you would like/have on hand, label them with sticky note pad stickers, with the numbers written on them. Write the number you are working with on a larger sticky note.
- Place a new number on the monster and change it as you play. Example #5 on the bag and my daughter will have to collect coins that add up to the number 5.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.