Feeding Ladybugs

Can ladybugs eat sugar?

Yes and they can eat honey too.

Ladybugs love aphids but you can feed some honey or sugar. Other tips raisins or lettuce can work too.

www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-a-Ladybug

I say this based on guilt I have from the past from keeping bugs (ladybugs, caterpillars, etc. as pets) and having them die almost immediately...if you are asking what to feed them because you are keeping them as pets...I would like to humbly discourage the practice as it is not natural and bugs (especially ladybugs which eat yucky things in the garden) are better off for the environment (and their own well being) outside doing their thing, than inside.

If you are cultivating them to live outside to take care of your garden, they should have plenty of things to eat like mites, aphids and such.

There are sites that say they eat raisins and sugar, but I have had no personal experience feeding them those things, but Google can't be all wrong can it :(

Amazon and some of the other big box stores and sites sell kits to help you manage colonies for your garden (and sadly for homeschooling which again, I would discourage no matter how much educational value there is in them...they are best off in their natural habitat).

Thanks for listening! I sincerely hope you take no offense to my post...these are just my feelings which I feel compelled to share as ladybugs have no voice so to speak. I am the person who takes all bugs outside when they happen in my houseeven the most disgusting onesthey go outside and FAR away!

well considering their favourite food as adults is other insects, I doubt that sugar would prove a very good reliable and sustaining diet for them. The best thing to do is go outside and find some aphids or mites or whatnot. Or also go on Amazon and buy a ladybug feeding kit.