Feeding a Dog with Food Allergies?

My dog can't have beef, milk, kelp, white potatoes, or brewer's yeast. He is also sensitive to salmon, bison, chicken, peas, lamb, turkey, and eggs. I had him on kangaroo for awhile on advice from the vet, but he doesn't care for it and it's 75.00 a bag. I have two other dogs so I need them all to be on the same thing. Suggestions would be great. He is all red and itchy and yes he is also sensitive to some outdoor things I can't control.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

Your dog is really allergic to a lot of different foods. I would suggest that you check out this website and choose the best food you can for your dog. I know it will be hard because some of them add sweet potatoes in the food. petlifetoday.com/.../

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

Sense your other dogs are o k with this food,maybe it's not a loss! Check with the company you purchased this, tell them your issue,maybe they can send you samples for your dog to try.

Also if you have the receipt,often is a money back guarantee!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I would only use what my vet recommended. Maybe he has samples. I also see pet food being given away on Freecycle, if it did not work for the dog.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks

I notice that Duck is not on the list of cant have. Might be worth a shot. Also fish other than salmon might be available and would work for him. Some dogs that cannot tolerate cows milk can eat goats milk. You can always turn it into yogurt at home. I have been down this road and it is hard. Consider cooking for your dog and use locally sourced food if you can find it.

Talk to a local butcher. They often know of sources you wouldnt think of. My dog lived to be 17 1/2 years and never scratched again after I got him on salmon and white rice (and a few supplements). Good luck to you and dont give up.

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply. I think most of this is due to being on to many antibiotics and steroids when he had a UTI back in December. This did not start until just before he got of the meds.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 31, 2019
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Feeding-a-Dog-with-Food-Allergies-3.html