Making a Felt Heart Bookmark
Felt page corner bookmarks are fun and easy to make for your own use or to give as gifts. This is a guide about making a felt heart bookmark.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a good little project for kids and adults alike. They take minimal sewing and embroidery skills. They are so fun to make and would be nice gifts. :) Did I mention they are nearly free?
Total Time: approximately 25 minutes
Source: Pinterest inspired
- small amounts felt
- embroidery floss
- Here is an outline of a heart; perhaps you can print this.
- Cut 2 hearts from the corner of the felt.
- Thread a length of floss, knotting the end to secure it inside your work.
- Put your hearts together. Begin making simple running stitches very close to the edge of your hearts. Be sure you are going through both layers.
- Now using the same thread, make a French knot and daisy stitches for a flower.
- You could also embroider "I love you" or "#1 Teacher", the possibilities are endless.
- Make a simple overhand knot close to your work a few times and hide your trimmed end on the inside of your bookmark. Enjoy!
September 17, 20150 found this helpful
That is so creative. Who couldn't use more bookmarks? Thanks!
In These Guides