Making a Felt Heart Bookmark
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 8, 2015
Read More Comments
This is a good little project for kids and adults alike. They take minimal sewing and embroidery skills. They are so fun to make and would be nice gifts. :) Did I mention they are nearly free?
Total Time: approximately 25 minutes
Source: Pinterest inspired
- small amounts felt
- embroidery floss
- Here is an outline of a heart; perhaps you can print this.
- Cut 2 hearts from the corner of the felt.
- Thread a length of floss, knotting the end to secure it inside your work.
- Put your hearts together. Begin making simple running stitches very close to the edge of your hearts. Be sure you are going through both layers.
- Now using the same thread, make a French knot and daisy stitches for a flower.
- You could also embroider "I love you" or "#1 Teacher", the possibilities are endless.
- Make a simple overhand knot close to your work a few times and hide your trimmed end on the inside of your bookmark. Enjoy!
These easy felt bookmarks are a great gift for friends or teachers. Learn how to make them in this short video.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.