Financial Assistance for Roof Repair

I'm am on disability and my roof in my bedroom is leaking causing a hole in my roof. I have no money to get it fixed. Does anyone know of any programs, loans, or grants available to help?

By DjackR from Altoona, PA

Many people have problems in their homes and need help for plumbing, construction, electric, general repair or to rebuild homes due to fire, flood and other problems that they are not able to afford. Unfortunately, there are no federal, state, county, etc., government agencies that help people needing home repairs in any state.

In some areas there may be volunteer, nonprofit, and other entities that might have the resources to help, however, these are usually difficult to find as there is no consolidated center to apply. Also, they may not be active all year, may not receive needed funding and have shut down, etc. You can try researching resources online and contact private and religious entities who may be able to help or suggest other possible resources. Good Luck!