BirdsPets

Finch Not Sitting on Eggs

My finch laid 2 eggs a month ago, but it did not incubate the eggs. Later, 15 days ago, it laid an egg daily for a total of 6 eggs and it started incubating them. But from 5 days back it did not incubate the eggs. We gave them papers, leaves, cotton, and fibres to make a nest, but it does not make a nest. What should I do now? Can I build a nest of my own and keep it inside or let it be like it is now in the food basket? Today is the 19th day since the eggs were laid. Will they hatch?

Best Answer

They son't start sitting until they have laid the last egg. Some refuse to make a nest. I would not be touching the eggs or making her nest, as the mother may then reject them.