Finches Covered Their Eggs with Cotton?

My finches have covered their eggs with the cotton. Should I remove the upper layer of the cotton or leave it on them. It's been a more than a week since they laid eggs.

Let your bird and nature handle this, I'm sure she has her reasons. If she keeps adding to the point of too much, maybe gently remove without touching her eggs or nest.

The last paragraph of the article at finchinfo.com/.../nests_and_nesting_material may be helpful to you. While it's usually best to let the birds construct their nest without intervention, sometimes, you have to step in and help out a little to assure the safety of the eggs or the baby birds.

Normally they recommend that you leave the birds, eggs, and their nest alone and allow them to take care of it themselves. I am not sure why there is cotton in the bird's cage and normally this is not what a person puts in their cages to build a nest. In some rare cases, it is necessary to help the young birds along by removing something that is dangerous to the birds from their nest.

In this case, I would use some tweezers or something to pick up the cotton with so that you do not put your hands in the case and leave your smell behind. You do not want to touch the eggs or even the nest because this can cause the birds to abandon the eggs and just walk away.

Pets Birds FinchesJuly 22, 2020
😷
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finches-Covered-Their-Eggs-with-Cotton.html

FinchesBirds