Store FinderConsumer Advice

Finding Buy Now Pay Later Online Plant Stores

Are there any online stores with the buy now pay later option for trees, hedges, and shrubs in the USA?

If you use a credit card, you can buy almost anywhere. Here is a nursery to go to: m.springhillnursery.com/.../a

There are always on going promotions if you open credit cards at the major home improvement stores like Lowes, Home Depot where if you spend a certain amount on the card - it is interest free for x amount of months.

This is just me....but I don't like buying any garden items like plants/schrubs/dirt from online vendors, especially if they are from another state.

My reason is I don't want any chance of pests hitchhiking along with the purchase and causing problems in my little garden world.

Pests can be bugs or even seeds that are in the potting soil. I am just a little weird that way...trying to keep my ecosystem manageable with things that are from here is hard enough sometimes...I don't want to introduce any new things to the mix.

If you have or open a credit card at most of the big box stores in your town, you will be able to pay later (when the bill arrives and in installments). You could even talk to your local garden center or greenhouse owner and ask if they have a payment plan where you could put a little down and pay the purchases off in a set period of time.

I was thinking about your post and something a friend said reminded me of when I moved into my house and had no money and big yucky empty dirt patches for a yard. I shared my plight with a friend and two days later she showed up at my house with a car full of tiger Lily bulbs from her garden.

20 plus years they still bloom. Another friend had extra rose of Sharon, another echenechia, and another sage flowers. Now all these years later my garden has evolved and I am able to share my extras with people starting out!! Plus I have lovely tributes to friends here and departed. Maybe your network can share their extras with you!!! Happy growing!

Just a guess but I do not believe you would be asking this question if you currently have a credit card available or if you would be able to get a credit card if you applied for one.

• If that is the case, I do not believe anyone has answered your question.
  • I believe the answer to your question would be no, there are no online companies that sell plants and such on a buy now pay later plan.
  • Ad

• Companies, online or local, usually require the same credit approval that applying for a credit card requires.
  • Occasionally, a local store (usually a Rent or Rent to Own or Badcocks), may run an ad saying something like "no credit refused" but I do not know how that works.
  • Sorry, I think you should save up a few dollars and try to start your landscaping with plants from local nurseries, Walmart, etc. Begin small and try your hand at propagating any plant you buy.
  • It is always a good idea to look for marked down plants.