Finding Johnson & Johnson First Aid Cream

Johnson & Johnson first aid cream has been discontinued. Many consumers have tried substitutes with varying results. The beeswax component of this product set it apart. This is a guide about finding Johnson & Johnson first aid cream.

What ever happened to Johnson and Johnson First Aid Cream? It worked well and has been a family favorite for years. I can't find it in stores. Can we buy it on-line? Any recommended substitutes?

By Don

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

I am fairly sure that product is no longer manufactured. Neosporin contains the same neccessary ingredients, however, I suggest using the pharmacy brand of Neosporin because it's oodles of dollars cheaper and also contains the same ingredients and ingredient amounts. I use Walgreen's Triple Antibiotic and the last tube I purchased was almost $4.00 less a tube than Neosporin.

There are several products that used to be readily available and worked amazingly well, but are no longer manufactured. J & J First Aid Cream was one. Anotber was that spray that we used to spray on our pillows at night when we had a cold. It kept my nose clear better than anything available today! Also, Vitapointe hair conditioner. My mother used to put that on my hair and then brush it dry. I did the same for my daughter and my granddaughters and each of us had hair like silk. I just found this at the Sally Beauty Supply web site. Haven't seen it in stores in almost 20 years.

Deeli's right. The generic brand of Neosporin (I get mine at Wal Mart, again several dollars cheaper than the brand name) is exactly the same as the Neosporin brand.

I will say tho, Deeli, that it's not the same as the first aid cream that Don was asking about. Neosporin and it's generics are more greasy than the first aid cream was. Altho it does work just as well.

Anonymous

You're so right that J&J Cream was not as greasy as it's counterparts, Cricket! It's because the cream had beeswax in it to make it creamier and I did like that about the product a lot :-)