Finding Lost Items

Dropped a small earring or contact lens, etc? Just take a nylon stocking and cover nozzle of vacuum and attach with a rubber band. Turn on your vacuum, and run it over floor. If you're lucky, your lost item will be stuck to the nylon.

Source: I read this hint in an old book that I got at a yard sale a long time ago. I don't have the book any more.

By Penny B. from McVeytown, PA

5 More Solutions

If you lose or drop small item or pill you don't want the children or dogs to find first, simply put a knee-high stocking over the end of the vacuum hose and vacuum around the area it may have fallen.

If you have a visual impairment and drop anything small and colorless on the floor, place a stocking over the end of your vacuum hose and run it over the area you suspect it may have fallen. It will easily be picked up allowing you to retrieve it from the stocking.

If any personal items are lost in a department store, check the lost and found then check the appropriate department for your item. I recently found my lost prescription sunglasses "for sale" in the sunglasses display at the department store where I lost them two weeks priviously.

When you drop something tiny on the floor/carpet, like a pin, screw or earring. Take a flashlight and put it level with the floor for the light to pick up the shine of the lost item.

If you drop a small object (say, an earring) and can't locate it, put a pair of nylons over your vacuum hose and use the hose to slowly vacuum over the area. You will pick up the lost object without it being sucked up into the vacuum. By Leann D

Better Living Simple LivingAugust 6, 2012
👒
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Lost-Items.html