Finding a Lost Parent

Category Genealogy
If you were not raised by your biological parent it would be a difficult and emotional process to locate your lost parent. This is a guide about finding a lost parent.

My sister and I do not share the same dad. She has been trying her whole life to look for her father but gave up cause all we have is a name. We don't even know if we are spelling it right. We also have an approximate year of birth. We don't know if he is alive or dead. Any suggestions on what we should do? I wouldn't want to go my whole life not knowing who my father is and I don't want my sister to either.

Answers

Best Answer

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS), sometimes known as Mormons, have done a really great job of compiling geneology records. They're very good about making their research findings available to anyone and everyone (you don't have to become a Mormon to ask their help). Why not start your inquiries there? And good luck!

I have been reading numerous posts on your website and thought I would see if anyone could help me. I found out several years ago that the man who raised me is in fact not my biological father. I am 52 years old now and desperately want to find out any information on my biological father, but the only information I have for him is his first and last name, approximate age and that he worked at a restaurant called the Hi Spot in Corona, California in 1963.

My family moved from California not long after because the father who raised me was in the service and we were relocated. I am a member of ancestry.com, have searched Facebook, contacted the Corona Historical Society, researched the Corona Library and googled numerous other free websites, but keep hitting a brick wall. Was hoping someone could share their wisdom with me as to what else I can do to possibly find him with so little information.

Answers

Is the restaurant by any chance still in business? Have you searched old newspapers on microfisch? Have you searched the social security death index?

If you can't find any online trace of him there's the sad possibility that he died in the 90s , before he could leave a digital footprint.

There are sites lie spokeo and pipl and dobsearch.com that can for free or for a fee find you stuff about someone

Re restaurant is a good lead if you can find the contact information of the last manager

More tips here http://m.wikiho  one-You-Met-Once

Try familytreenow.com. It gives names and even addresses of people who have not opted out. You may find him, or a relative of his who can help you.

Thanks for your response. The restaurant went out of business in 1969 and the owner was in her 70's in the 1960's so we hit a road block with that. My mother only knew his name and approximate age. His name is Donald Martin who would be been around 1943 to 1944 so you can imagine how many hits it get for that name. In 1963 he was about 19 and worked at the Hi Spot in Corona, CA and along with his very common name that is all we know. I will try the website you mentioned. Thank you again for responding.

Thank you so much for this website. I have no tried that.

I assumed you used white pages? I see there are some Donald Martins over 65 years of age near Corona. Good luck. I have been searching for 2 years for a friends mother so don't give up!

You might want to try the Facebook group called Search Squad. The group members do amazing work. https://www.fac  ps/searchelpers/