Finding Pants That Fit Properly

I have gained a lot of weight in the last 2 years and it is hard to find pants that fit in both the waist and stride. I am 5 foot 4 inches and wear a size 16, but the stride is too baggy. I have tried several different brands and stores and now need some advice. Thanks.

By nancy

What I try to do is try on a lot of skinny jeans including the pull on type in taller sizes and then hem them up. It's a hard fit when you have longer thinner legs and more gut than the normal range of sizes. I'm a gastric by pass failure you don't hear so much of so I know all about gaining weight back quickly.

If you're talking about the inseam or pant length - try petites. I'm 5'7 and find they fit me much better than regular length pants do. Keep trying different pants...I've tried different colors in the same style and maker and find a difference in the stride! Pain - I know but worth the effort. Good luck! Linda