Finding That Certain Recipe

I have a lot of cookbooks. Sometimes I couldn't remember which recipe was in what book. Now I make a photocopy of the Index pages. I make sure the title is on the top. I highlight the recipes I want to use. I keep the indexes in a loose leaf notebook for that purpose. The books that don't have an index, I make one. Now I can find exactly where each recipe that I want to use. Of course, I am always trying new-to-me recipes also.

Brilliant! Thank you!

Thank you What a genius idea, Thank you for sharing

My old fashioned recipe box has both white and blue cards.

The white ones are for recipes that I've created and don't want to forget how to make or they're recipes given to me by friends and family.

The blue cards are a quick and easy way to locate a particular cookbook recipe. I simply write the food name on the card and the reference book. For example: Apple Crisp - Red Rose Cookbook - pg. 62

That is such a good idea. Thanks for sharing. I may have to find some colored cards and do the same.