Finding the Value of Caxton Encyclopedias

Category Books
It is rare for encyclopedias to have collector value. This is a guide about finding the value of Caxton encyclopedias.

I have a set of these in not bad condition from 1977, with a dedication to the Queen's silver jubilee. The binder is a tan colour. I haven't got a picture yet as I have just moved home, but I am down sizing so I need to free up space. I will go through boxes and up load a picture later.
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

I think it will be worth something, since it is from 1977, the Jubilee Year. Take it to a book dealer.

I am trying to find the value for a set of 1976, Caxton encyclopedias.

By Roslyn

Answers

1976 is fairly recent. It has no value

I have a full set (18) of 1966 New Caxton encyclopedias by Purnell and Sons, Ltd. I am just wondering if they are worth any money? They are used, but in good condition.

By Mandie C

Answers

Hi! I also have a complete set of these - did you manage to dispose of yours? It seems nobody wants them in this day and age, but they are lovely books.

As a present I got the Caxton World of Knowledge, volume 1 - 6. They are in great condition with very slight rubbing on the corners of the spine. They also have on the inside cover the constellations of the stars; which is interesting in itself. Wondering how much they're worth if anything. First published in 1960 and revised in 1962.

By Donal

My gran and papa gave me Caxton encyclopedias, the World of Knowledge volume 1 - 6 and the World of Children volume 1 - 4. I was just wondering how much they are worth. I know they are from 1963, they are in great condition with very slight rubbing on the corners of the spine. They also have on the inside cover, the constellations of the stars; which is interesting in itself.

Many thanks for any help.

By Carrie from Irvne, Scotland

I would like to know what price to ask to sell the encyclopeadia volumes 1 to 18 bound in red. Also we have volumes 1 to 4 bound in blue of Caxton's World of Children.

By Margaret G.

I have 15 volumes of "New Universal Encyclopedia" by the Caxton Publishing Co., printed in England by Fleetway Press Ltd., but I can see no dates?

By Mark H