Firefighter Candles and Centerpiece Ideas

I am trying to find firefighter decorations for my reception hall, such as firefighter candles, or anything to use as a center piece. Can anyone help me?

Jamie from Columba City, IN

Answers:

Having made several centerpieces for our local FD annual dance, one of my favorite ones was made with a child size yellow boot. We then used the FD emblem under the pull on handles at the top of the boot, then added red, white and blue flowers. We also made luminaries from red and blue bags, again adding our local emblem to the bag. We set the votive cups (they were glass) in about 2 inches of kitty litter to weight the bag and so the votive would not tip.

(06/20/2005)

By Mary627

Check the toy department of an inexpensive store maybe even a dollar store for toy firetrucks, firefighter hats, etc. Or maybe you could "borrow" some actual gear from the FD to display. You might also look in the pet department of the stores as many dog toys are shaped like fire hydrants. (I wonder why that is?) (06/24/2005)

By Becki in IN

Don't forget to check the toy department. Firefighters are huge heroes to kids. Miniature equipment can be used as napkin rings, floral picks, or glued on to candle rings. Plastic helmets can be uses for planters or wall hangings. (06/25/2005)

By Kathy