Fixing Burnt Cookies

Category Food Fixes
Sometimes cookies come out of the oven too brown. Don't throw them away, they may be salvageable. This is a guide about fixing burnt cookies.

I got my cookies a little too brown on the bottom again. This time I took my file I use for zesting, and just filed off the burned part on the bottom of the cookie. As long as they don't look like charcoal, this works great!

By linda from Port Orchard, WA

We do the same thing, but with a cheese grater (finest side).

Anonymous

I would never have thought to do this! Great tip!

I myself don't mind a bit of the overcooked taste, :) but that would do wonders for the rest of the crew. thanks!

I have been using a serrated knife all these years (especially on burnt toast), but it still tastes burnt and leaves an awful taste in your mouth. Taking away from the great taste of that cookie.

Just set the timer for 1 minute less and watch the clock, no distractions. You know it's funny it's usually the last batch of cookies that burns, you're tired and it just happens!