ToysRepair

Fixing Frizzy American Girl Doll Hair

Does anyone know how to fix frizzy or burnt American Girl doll's hair?

This is directly from the American Girl website:

Call one of our doll doctors at 800-845-0005 or e-mail them at dolldoctor@americangirl.com and they can walk you through the steps to make sure the hair comes out looking its best.

I can tell you, I have "fixed" damaged Barbie doll hair by using a small dollop of people conditioner--the cheap stuff like Suave or VO5-- and rubbing it in to the hair, letting it sit for an hour and toweling it out with a clean white wash rag that is damp. It was a last resort for a thrift store doll I wanted to rescue so I was not going to be out a lot if it failed (which it didn't). I used a wig brush to style it back into shape and let it dry in the sun. It it looked great!

My friend used her hair straightener (one of those flat iron things) on a thrift store AG doll and it did OK, but it wasn't perfect (i.e. her little one still thought it looked bad).

She ended up calling the doll hospital, but I can't remember that they told her. I want to say they told her conditioner, but best to double check with them. That was a few years ago now and it is possible that the hair now is different than then.

AG dolls are super expensive, so best to get the answer from the doll hospital's mouth!

You could comb in diluted fabric softener in the hair.

Home and Garden Repair ToysJuly 22, 2019
😎
🐛
📓
🌻