Pin Curling an American Girl Doll's Hair
The hair on an American Girl doll can be styled and curled for a renewed look. This is a page about pin curling an American Girl doll's hair
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted to curl my doll's hair so my mom helped me put her hair up in pin curls.
- bobby pins
- spray bottle
- doll brush
- thick marker (or similar object)
- Gently brush out your doll's hair.
- Take a small section of hair and wet it with the spray bottle. Then starting at the end, wrap the piece of hair around the marker.
- Once your small section is curled all the way up, gently pull your marker out. Hold the curl near the doll's scalp and pin it in place with a bobby pin.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until the whole head is in curls. Now spray all of the curls with the spray bottle.
- Spray hair with water a couple times each day, for several days. My doll's hair was done in about 4 days and with a shorter haired doll it may take less time.