Pin Curling an American Girl Doll's Hair

Category Toys
The hair on an American Girl doll can be styled and curled for a renewed look. This is a guide about pin curling an American Girl doll's hair.

I wanted to curl my doll's hair so my mom helped me put her hair up in pin curls.

• bobby pins
  • spray bottle
  • doll brush
  • thick marker (or similar object)

1. Gently brush out your doll's hair.
  2. Take a small section of hair and wet it with the spray bottle. Then starting at the end, wrap the piece of hair around the marker.
  3. Once your small section is curled all the way up, gently pull your marker out. Hold the curl near the doll's scalp and pin it in place with a bobby pin.
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 until the whole head is in curls. Now spray all of the curls with the spray bottle.
  5. Spray hair with water a couple times each day, for several days. My doll's hair was done in about 4 days and with a shorter haired doll it may take less time.