Fixing Sour Jam?

Category Food Fixes
It is disappointing to find that your batch of jam is too sour. There are ways you can fix the jam and save the day. This is a page about fixing sour jam.

I made jam and put lemon in with the pectin. Now it is too sour. I already had to redo the batch because it was to runny. I did what it said to do to fix it, but it made it sour. What can I do now?

By roxi from Seattle, WA

Answers

What sort of jam are you making? How much sugar? Did you use pectin? These are all the things we need to know in order to help you out.

Made apple jam, with 1 cup sugar, and sure jell. It's sour, and all ready in freezer. Now what?

I toke.8 cups apricots not ripe and 4 cups of sugar cooked it think fruit was not ripe enough thank you hope you can help me

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJune 27, 2013
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fixing-Sour-Jam-1.html