Fixing a Leaking Keurig Coffee Maker

If your Keurig coffee maker begins to leak from the reservoir there are two top options for resolving the issue. One is to buy a new reservoir and secondly you can follow the steps below for using vinegar to clean the coffee maker.

I have a Keurig K70 used coffee maker that is leaking from the bottom of the reservoir. I usually use it for making hot water for tea. It drips a few drops of hot water, then stops. After about 20 minutes, all the water leaks out of the reservoir. Does anyone have one of these Keurigs and can tell me how to fix the problem or know of any website that can help me?

Answers

Best Answer

I have a similar model and this has happen with mine.

• This can be caused by hard (scale) water buildup.
  • Most important: If you use any kind of filter in your machine be sure to remove it (and discard) before starting any type of repair or cleaning.
  • Advertisement

• I removed my reservoir and set it in about 3 inches of white vinegar. Use something that your reservoir will set flat so the vinegar will completely cover the bottom. Let it soak for several hours or overnight.
  • Then I set the reservoir back on the machine and poured the vinegar into the reservoir and/or added enough vinegar to half full.
  • Leave this set several hours but overnight is better.
  • Then run the vinegar through your machine full cycle until all vinegar has run through. Use a pitcher to catch the vinegar so you can run it through again (add more vinegar if necessary).
  • This solved my problem but I had to run clear/clean water through my machine several times before the vinegar taste was eliminated.
  • If this does not solve your problem there are several good repair videos on You Tube that might help. Just Google your question and the videos will show up.
Best Answer

The best way to fix this is to change the reservoir on the machine. The site should be able to sell you a replacement part. Before installing the replacement part make sure you clean the inside of the coffee maker.

This will prevent the new part from being damaged so quickly. If you are only heating water in the machine I'd clean this out once a month or so. That way it prevent hard water deposits from staying inside the machine.

You can buy a replacement for the leaking tank here: m.keurig.com/support

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesJanuary 30, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻

Generated 2020-02-20 10:31:35 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️