Fixing a Recipe with Too Much Salt

Category Food Fixes
This is a guide about fixing a recipe with too much salt. If your recipe is too salty, you don't necessarily need to throw it out or choke it down. Here are some things you can try to help cut the saltiness.

I was cooking squash and after tasting it, I discovered that I had added way too much salt. I had heard that you could add a potato to soup when it's over salted so I tried it in the squash. I cut the potato in quarters and put in the pan with the squash and let it cook until the squash was tender. I removed the potato to add sugar to the squash and brown it.

While the squash finished cooking, I ate the potato and it was good. The squash turned out good too. The potato absorbed the extra salt and made it just right.

I had never cooked potatoes in squash before but I believe that would be quite tasty served together. I'll have to try it and not brown the squash.

Fixing chili made with too much salt may be done. There are a number of ways cooks can counter the excess salt in a dish. This is a guide about how to fix chili with too much salt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about fixing spaghetti sauce that is too salty. Sometimes there are ways to save a meal that cooked up too salty.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes