Fixing a Toaster

It may be possible and cost effective to repair a toaster depending on its value and the type of damage. This is a guide about fixing a toaster.

I accidentally poured water into the toaster. At startup, the machine does not work. Is there a way to fix it?

Answers

Best Answer

Open it up and let it dry for several days. If it doesn't work after that, for safety reasons, get another one at the thrift shop for under $10.

My aunt forgot that she was filling the water pitcher and it overflowed and this time it got under the toaster. I unplugged it and dried it the best that I could. When will it be safe to plug it back in?

Answers

I hate when this happens. I usually wait 3-4 days. Keep the fire extinguisher handy as I have had sparks from a wet lamp just this week. Don't ask. It sadly had to be trashed, which broke my heart as it was almost new before it got wet.

Good luck!n safely first!

I would unscrew the bottom panel to make it faster to dry out. Wait at least 72 hours.

Remove the crumb tray and wait 3 or 4 days just to be sure.
You can even set it outside in the sunshine for an hour or so.

I believe it will be fine if you do not plug it in until several days have passed.