Flavored Water Recipes

Category Cool Drinks
Adding herbs, fresh fruit and vegetables to waters can give water a slight flavor enhancement which is not only healthy but refreshing. This guide contains flavored water recipes.

Do you get tired of drinking plain water but don't want to pay exorbitant prices for the store bought bottles or the dry packaged additives? I've been experimenting with flavoring using assorted fruit juices that are already in my fridge and even tried soda pop to give the water a nice little kick . So far my personal favorites are cherry juice or 7-up.

The recipe is simple: 1/4 juice or soda pop to 3/4 water. Of course, there's always the good old fashioned squeeze of a lemon or lime wedge.

By Deeli from Richland

Fruit infused water is the rage now. Put some orange peels in your water to get it for free. I got orange taste in as little as 10 minutes. If you put some in a pitcher and let it sit overnight, you will have enough for a couple days. Remove the peels before drinking. No sweetener was necessary for me.

A good way to recycle what most people would throw away. Of course, we frugal folks will put the peels into the compost bin after making our water!

Source: My sister

My husband has been good enough to drink store bought 2 liter sodas instead of the more popular brand names. He is very frugal. I have finally done him one better. I have been making my "soft" drink with a lime squeeze and adding the 'healthiest' artificial sweetener to water.

I prefer lime, but lemon would do for those who like it better. I am looking forward to a bumper crop of limes from my friend and neighbor, which will be even cheaper and probably better! I am hoping that my husband will come around to this idea as those 2 liter sodas are really heavy and always on the top shelf!

By B.J.Baughman from Palm Coast, FL

Not only is this a great way to drink water, but it's also a great way to be frugal! This works great with bottled water and makes tap water drinkable!

I love coconut water, so I take water and put 2 to 3 drops of coconut flavoring in it. This works well with most of the flavorings, just depends what you like. Saves money on buying the flavored waters, soda, and juice. I save about $10.00 to $15.00 a week on drinks. And the upside is no sugar!

Source: From my Dear Mom.

By WendyD from Whitewater, CA

We like to make our own fruit waters. We simply put frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries into our water instead of ice cubes. When the water is gone, there is fruit at the bottom. Some people use sweetener, but we just drink it as it is. It has a subtle flavor depending on how much fruit you place in the cup. I put a handful or two of frozen blueberries and strawberries in our cups and stir. I use the McDonald's large ice tea cups. We like to reuse them a couple of times. I also do this to cola bottles, but only the blueberries will fit into the top of these.

I am going to try different types of frozen fruit combinations, such as pineapple and other frozen fruits. Do use care when giving this to a child who may choke on something as small as a blueberry. For them, I shake up the drink in a non spill cup and give it to them that way, where they cannot get in there at all to get to the fruit. They can eat the softened fruit later. Every little step towards a healthier diet helps our bodies to grow. They are so refreshing! Have a great summer!

Source: I just came up with this to help our family eat and drink more real food instead of 'fun food' like soda pops.

Recharge and refresh with your own homemade berry mint vitamin water. This is a guide about berry mint vitamin water.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

We all know that water is good for us, but it can get boring. Try this simple recipe to jazz up your water. I take a 64 oz. pitcher and fill it with 2 slices of orange, 2 slices of lemon, and 2 slices of lime. Add water and about 5 or 6 packets of Splenda, and shake well.

Use sugar free flavorings or fresh fruit to flavor your water without adding calories. This is a guide about flavoring water without adding calories.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Adding a little citrus or other fruit to your water can give it a wonderfully light refreshing flavor. This is a guide about fresh fruit infused water.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains homemade vitamin water recipes. Vitamin water can make it easier to drink enough water each day. These are great if you are on a diet, as they contain all natural sugars and hardly any of that! If you are very dehydrated from working in the yard add a 1/4 tsp. sea salt, to help boost your electrolytes.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have fallen in love with Metromint water, but can't afford it all the time. I was thinking I could probably make my own, but I don't know anything about oils and flavorings. Anyone have any ideas about what would work best?

By Delia

Answers

Anonymous

Why don't you just try adding one teaspoon at a time of your favorite flavoring (available in the baking isle next to the spices of every grocery store) to your glass of water? Try one teaspoon at a time, shake/stir and taste and add more if you want ;-)

ladyhen, You might want to try just a drip or two of peppermint extract in water and see if that's the taste that you're looking for. Peppermint extract can be found in the 'Spice' section at your grocery, right next to the vanilla. Good luck.

Experiment! Drop a lifesavers mint into a bottle of water and let it dissolve. See how minty that is and adjust your amounts accordingly.

Mixed flavored waters with regular water to make it last longer and reduce that saccharine-y taste.

By lindabu