Flavored Water Recipes

Category Cool Drinks
Adding herbs, fresh fruit and vegetables to waters can give water a slight flavor enhancement which is not only healthy but refreshing. This page contains flavored water recipes.

Do you get tired of drinking plain water but don't want to pay exorbitant prices for the store bought bottles or the dry packaged additives? I've been experimenting with flavoring using assorted fruit juices that are already in my fridge and even tried soda pop to give the water a nice little kick . So far my personal favorites are cherry juice or 7-up.

The recipe is simple: 1/4 juice or soda pop to 3/4 water. Of course, there's always the good old fashioned squeeze of a lemon or lime wedge.

By Deeli from Richland

Fruit infused water is the rage now. Put some orange peels in your water to get it for free. I got orange taste in as little as 10 minutes. If you put some in a pitcher and let it sit overnight, you will have enough for a couple days. Remove the peels before drinking. No sweetener was necessary for me.

A good way to recycle what most people would throw away. Of course, we frugal folks will put the peels into the compost bin after making our water!

Source: My sister

My husband has been good enough to drink store bought 2 liter sodas instead of the more popular brand names. I have finally done him one better. I have been making my "soft" drink with a lime squeeze and adding the 'healthiest' artificial sweetener to water.

Not only is this a great way to drink water, but it's also a great way to be frugal! This works great with bottled water and makes tap water drinkable!

We like to make our own fruit waters. We simply put frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries into our water instead of ice cubes.

Frozen Fruit in Water Instead of Ice Cubes

We all know that water is good for us, but it can get boring. Try this simple recipe to jazz up your water. I take a 64 oz. pitcher and fill it with 2 slices of orange, 2 slices of lemon, and 2 slices of lime.

Add water and about 5 or 6 packets of Splenda, and shake well.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have fallen in love with Metromint water, but can't afford it all the time. I was thinking I could probably make my own, but I don't know anything about oils and flavorings. Anyone have any ideas about what would work best?

By Adelia

Answers

Why don't you just try adding one teaspoon at a time of your favorite flavoring (available in the baking isle next to the spices of every grocery store) to your glass of water? Try one teaspoon at a time, shake/stir and taste and add more if you want ;-)

ladyhen, You might want to try just a drip or two of peppermint extract in water and see if that's the taste that you're looking for. Peppermint extract can be found in the 'Spice' section at your grocery, right next to the vanilla. Good luck.

Experiment! Drop a lifesavers mint into a bottle of water and let it dissolve.

See how minty that is and adjust your amounts accordingly.

Recharge and refresh with your own homemade berry mint vitamin water. This is a page about berry mint vitamin water.

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Mint Vitamin Water

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Use sugar free flavorings or fresh fruit to flavor your water without adding calories. This is a page about flavoring water without adding calories.

A jar of flavored water.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Adding a little citrus or other fruit to your water can give it a wonderfully light refreshing flavor. This is a page about fresh fruit infused water.

Fresh Fruit Infused Water

This page contains homemade vitamin water recipes. Vitamin water can make it easier to drink enough water each day. These are great if you are on a diet, as they contain all natural sugars and hardly any of that!

If you are very dehydrated from working in the yard add a 1/4 tsp. sea salt, to help boost your electrolytes.

Homemade Vitamin Water

Mixed flavored waters with regular water to make it last longer and reduce that saccharine-y taste.

By lindabu

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Cool DrinksJanuary 27, 2013
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Flavored-Water-Recipes.html