Flavored Water

Not only is this a great way to drink water, but it's also a great way to be frugal! This works great with bottled water and makes tap water drinkable!

I love coconut water, so I take water and put 2 to 3 drops of coconut flavoring in it. This works well with most of the flavorings, just depends what you like. Saves money on buying the flavored waters, soda, and juice. I save about $10.00 to $15.00 a week on drinks. And the upside is no sugar!

Source: From my Dear Mom.

By WendyD from Whitewater, CA

Hello, if you really want to be frugal, drink water, regular water. All those plastic bottles aren't good for the evironment or your pocketbook.

I love sliced cucumbers in my water.

When the grocery budget is incredibly tight, flavored water is a luxury item that is quickly cut from my grocery list. I have found an inexpensive alternative with True Lemon flavoring packets. Locally, I can purchase 32 count boxes of True Lemon for less than $4.00. I can order lime, grapefruit and orange flavors online for less than $5.00 a 32 count box. Online specials sometimes allow me to buy a 32 count box for even less than that.

I can have flavored watered for .15 a bottle or less. I think, that's as frugally priced as flavored water gets. It's also less expensive and healthier than soft drinks. As a bonus, there are many other ways to use these flavor packets. You'll get a whole list of ideas with an online order and shipping rates are unbelievably reasonable.

By VeronicaHB from Asheboro Nc

What a great idea!