Floating Hearts Valentine's Jar Light
This pretty lighted Valentine's table decoration is just what you need for a romantic dinner table. This is a page about floating hearts Valentine's jar light.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn an ordinary glass jar into a beautiful light. Add hearts and battery operated fairy lights, and you have beautiful table décor to help set a romantic mood.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one jar light
- 4.3 in high empty clear glass jar
- strip of pink embroidered net fabric that would fit around the jar
- strip of pink lace, long enough to fit around the jar twice
- seven different sized pink and white felt hearts
- A5 size pink sugar paper
- seven wooden kebab skewers
- Modge Podge
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- battery operated string of pure white LED fairy lights
- Remove the label, wash the jar and allow to dry upside down overnight. Tip: If necessary, use mineral turpentine to remove any glue residue from where the label was stuck.
- Paint a substantial amount of Modge Podge around the jar. Wrap the strip of net fabric around the jar. Brush Modge Podge over the net fabric so that the net fabric will be between two layers of Modge Podge. Then, use the hairdryer to thoroughly dry the Modge Podge.
- Measure a strip of lace that would fit around the top of the jar. Paint a substantial amount of Modge Podge around the top of jar. Wrap the strip of lace around the top of the jar. Brush Modge Podge over the lace and use the hairdryer to thoroughly dry the Modge Podge.
- Repeat step 3 to add lace around the bottom of the jar.
- Make the floating hearts: Put the first felt heart onto the sugar paper and use the pencil to trace around the felt heart. Remove the felt heart and cut out the heart traced onto the sugar paper. Add glue to the back of the felt heart and glue a skewer to the felt heart. Glue the sugar paper to the back to keep the skewer in place. Make the other six floating hearts in the same way, cutting the ends of the skewers to different lengths.
- To display, add the fairy lights and the floating hearts to the jar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.