Fluffy Sausage-Stuffed Pancakes
Using a DIY buttermilk pancake recipe you can whip up a stack of sweet and savory sausage stuffed pancakes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Impress your sweet and savory breakfast lovers with this fun pancake treat. Make a super fluffy pancake batter from scratch using DIY buttermilk, then pop in some delicious, juicy sausage patties. This is my pancake take on pigs in a blanket. :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 breakfast sausage patties
- maple syrup for serving
- Combine milk with with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour. This is your DIY buttermilk.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg and butter into milk mixture. Stir flour mixture into the wet milk mixture and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat and cook sausage patties on both sides until done.
- Place patties on a paper towel to drain.
- Pour some of the pancake batter onto the griddle, then place a sausage patty in the center.
- Spoon a touch of pancake batter onto the sausage patty, enough to cover it.
- When several bubbles form on pancake batter, flip it over and cook the other side. These are fairly thick so allow to cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
- Enjoy the savoury surprise center!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.