Fluffy Sausage-Stuffed Pancakes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 20, 2019
Impress your sweet and savory breakfast lovers with this fun pancake treat. Make a super fluffy pancake batter from scratch using DIY buttermilk, then pop in some delicious, juicy sausage patties. This is my pancake take on pigs in a blanket. :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 breakfast sausage patties
- maple syrup for serving
- Combine milk with with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour. This is your DIY buttermilk.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg and butter into milk mixture. Stir flour mixture into the wet milk mixture and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat and cook sausage patties on both sides until done.
- Place patties on a paper towel to drain.
- Pour some of the pancake batter onto the griddle, then place a sausage patty in the center.
- Spoon a touch of pancake batter onto the sausage patty, enough to cover it.
- When several bubbles form on pancake batter, flip it over and cook the other side. These are fairly thick so allow to cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
- Enjoy the savoury surprise center!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.