Flushing a Car's Radiator

Category Cars
Keeping your auto's cooling system free of blockages and working properly may require a coolant flush. This guide is about flushing a car's radiator.

I found an antifreeze jug with a written note on it that said "Zep Cleaner". Can you tell me any thing about this stuff? I thought it was anti freeze and I put it in my radiator (about 1/2 gal or less). Will this stuff foam when it gets hot? Will this cause problems if left in for a short time?

Monty

Answers

Oh my...that doesn't sound good.

I know nothing about the product but here is their website and contact info:

http://www.zepcommercial.com/

Phone: 1-888-805-HELP (4357)
Email: zephelp.commercial@zep.com

Good luck to you!

Flush out immediately. Make sure items are correctly labled.
ZEP is a brand name and could be any type of a cleaner...some of which are quite corrosive! Dispose of at a place that
takes pollutants. Replace with clean water/and coolant.
Any questions call landfill for approved method of disposal.
Poison Control Center might be able to help you out on this

also.
good luck

By connie (Guest Post)

I use this ZEP all the time. You mix with H2O and use it to get the grime off tiles and bath tub and shower. Works wonders! I love it. the main concern with it, is you spray it on whatever and you have to wipe it off within 3 mins. or it dries on streaked. Don't know what it will do to the car but clean it out as soon as possible. Best of luck to you and hope you got it out.