Following Fashion Inexpensively

Trying to keep up with the latest fashions can be very expensive. This is a page about following fashion inexpensively.

I have posted before about scoring fabulous finds at my local thrift shop. This dress was $5 and looked like it was made for me. If I had a dollar for each compliment I got when I wore it yesterday, I would have made several times the purchase price.

I have also gotten many other items of clothing there, including formal wear and cashmere sweaters. Nothing was more than $5. The place itself is rather dingy. I have walked out many times with nothing. However, I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

The point of this post is for readers to know what they like and what looks good on them. If you are wearing something that is flattering, does it really matter where it came from?

By the way, the dress is washable, too!

I realize that I have gotten into the habit of looking at fashion trends in magazines (and now online), then figuring out an inexpensive way to follow the fashion. For example, I just bought a SILK black fringed long scarf, with gold stripes for $4.00, when scarves not as nice are $12.00 even at Cost Plus! Ditto for the jewelry there. Even at $4-$5.00, I can get better deals and usually better quality. I love to get the Anthropologie catalog, both print and online, but I only use it as a style guide. Some DIY crafty people online have been doing the same.

By pam munro from L.A., CA

One way to economize in the closet is to purchase solid color purses. I know there are several designers who produce vividly patterned quilted purses, and they look great in the store, but really, how often are you dressed in solid colors top to bottom? Those patterned purses will clash with any outfit that boasts a print top, skirt, jacket or dress.

There is fashion and there are things you just like. Espadrilles, for example, those rope soled canvas shoes that originated in the South of France. They come in both flat and wedge styles.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceAugust 29, 2013
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Following-Fashion-Inexpensively.html