Food Stamp Eligibility

The Federal food stamp program was established to ensure that low and no income individuals and families had assistance for buying food. This is a page about food stamp eligibility.

Apply for food stamps in your state. I thought I wouldn't get them, but surprise, I was eligible. There is no disgrace in getting help when you need it. Be brave and just go apply.

I paid into these government programs all the time I worked. Now that I am retired on limited income, driving an old car, and about to be foreclosed on, I decided to just go for it. So that is my story.

By CJ from Ohio

My question is, are my kids' survivors benefits used to determine eligibility for food stamps? They were denied food stamps on the basis that the household income exceeded the requirements despite the fact that I've not gone back to work since their dad died.

They did not even look at the rent, car note, and other utilities. What should I do?

Answers

Best Answer

Unfortunately, it all counts. They'll consider SSDI and any other benefits you're getting as income. I don't think they consider expenses, it's just a simple formula based on how much money is coming in.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceSeptember 27, 2016
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
Generated 2020-07-23 16:15:57 in 733 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Food-Stamp-Eligibility.html