Food Suggestions for Boxer with Pancreatitis

My Boxer has had no trouble with pancreatitis for years. He has just had blood taken and it reveals his pancreas is swollen. What can I safely feed him? He is 11 years old.

By King from Lancashire

Your vet is the best one to give you advice on what to feed him. A long time ago I had a little poodle that almost died from Pancreatitis. For a good while she was on a prescription diet from the vet. Then, my vet suggested that I feed her Purina Fit and Trim.

She stayed on that diet for the rest of her life. She was allowed plain Milk Bone snacks occasionally, but no people food what so ever. It is hard not to give them bites of our food occasionally, but even most dog foods and treats are too rich for dogs who are prone to pancreatitis.

Pets Dogs HealthDecember 1, 2012
🐛
📓
🌻
😎