Ford Explorer Heater Doesn't Work

Category Cars
Auto heaters can fail in varying ways. Perhaps there is no heat being generated or the blower is not working. You can try to troubleshoot these issues yourself or take it in to a repair shop. This is a guide about Ford Explorer heater doesn't work.

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer. My heat went out a month ago, but just by dumb luck I started hammering around the metal housing, and luckily, the heat came on. But now, the tapping doesn't work anymore. I use to get some warm air, but now I have none. Is it possible that my blower motor went out, or could it be something else?

By tiffanysmith3095 from Gary

Answers

Best Answer

More then likely it is indeed your blower motor that has died.

The blower on my '91 Explorer was only working a little bit. It had all the signs of the resistor going bad, so I replaced the resistor. Now the blower works at the lower speeds, but not at the high speed. What might the problems be?

By William

Answers

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure it's the wiring harness. I had a Chevrolet Colorado with the exact issue and it was the wiring harness. If possible you could take to a garage that specializes in electrical issues and have the work done much, much cheaper than dealer. Hope this helps.

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer V6 4.0L SOHC. I was changing the spark plugs and saw two bad collapsed hoses, so I changed them. Afterwards I noticed my heat did not work, but it still blows harder than before. What could it be?

By LC Waller

Answers

It could be the thermostat has stuck or gone bad.