Foul Smell Coming Under House?

It just started 3 days ago. At first I just smelled it a little bit in the bathroom in my room. Then it was gone the following morning. The next day I didn't smell it except underneath the sink. Now the 3rd day it's just a overwhelming foul smell. I can't really describe it, but like a musty cat. I've smelled cat urine, that's not it. And it doesn't really smell like a dead animal.

I've looked all over the outside of the house and found a little opening underneath my porch that I closed up by sitting a cement block in front of it for now. I opened a small hole in the floor to see if its something was leaking and didn't see signs of water or animal feces of any kind. It's so strong now I'm thinking of buying a mattress you put on the floor, and sleeping in the living room. Right now I have the window open, and every fan in the house in there trying to air it out. What else could it be?

It might be worth mentioning the floor is wood with carpet on top and is a older house. The realtor wasn't quite sure of the age, as it was a rental before I bought it. But the realtor said the floors, plumbing were all redone but the ducts were not and are in need of repair. That being said, they are never used. The one connecting to my bedroom has been shut off as I use a large pellet furnace to heat the place. Any suggestion would be welcome, I would like to be able to sleep in my room again.

By Jeremy W.

Your crawlspace might have looked inviting to something during the summer heat or winter rain but it didn't get out. If it smells "organic" then it will go away with time. If you can find it however, it's best to remove it.
If you can't, put a box of baking soda in the rooms where it's the worst right next to the vent, and even sprinkle some down inside. I hope that helps. Leave the vent spaces blocked in the cold months but with screens on them for the warm ones and nothing else will get in there.

Have you ever smelled fox pee? It could be that. It's so strong it could knock you over.

The smell will eventually go away, but you have to keep the foxes from getting back under your porch.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 12, 2014
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Foul-Smell-Coming-Under-House.html