Fourth of JulyCrafts

Fourth of July Star Decoration

This is a cute and frugal Fourth of July decoration, measuring about 15 inches tall. There are many different ways you could display this in your home. For example: hang on a door, wall, fireplace mantel, or table.

You can use this same concept and paint to use for themed parties, or even as a picture frame!

Total Time: 45 minutes

1. You will need 10 craft sticks to make 1 star. Arrange the craft sticks into a star shape as a guideline.
  2. I glued 2 craft sticks together to resemble a V shape, 5 times. As a guideline, you can see below in the yellow circle - I traced the craft stick as a template to put the sticks in that position and glue so that all the sticks are even.
  3. Now ready to form the star again and secure with hot glue. The star looks nice alone, perfect as a picture frame collage, but since this will be used for Fourth of July party we're hosting - I wanted to add paint.
  4. I used paint colors True Red, Snow White, and True Blue. I paint a section red, white, blue (up to you on how you want to paint your star).
  5. Allow to dry.