Free Laptops for Students

I am 17 and I plan on going to college to get my associates degree and more beyond that. The only problem is that I do not have a laptop that will allow me to do my college courses properly or sufficiently. Where can I get a free laptop? I cannot afford to buy one. Any help will be appreciated!

Best Answer

At one point Microsoft was helping out students with free laptop. Unfortunately, this program has long ago expired.

Today there are a few universities that help out students with a laptop. However, most of these are online. You can check with the college you'll be attending and see if they have this program available for you. Otherwise, you can apply for a grant to receive a free laptop.

You'll need to check on Freecycle.org, On It Foundation, Computer with Cases is a website, and also Computer Technology Assistance Group.

Best Answer

Most definitely check with the school you are planning to attend. My sister-in-law attended nursing school and received at the beginning but had to finish to completion to receive her full waiver.

As someone else said, there are grants available to help pay for schooling and necessary things like laptops. Ask at admissions and explore your options.

I would check the Office of Financial Aid at your school.