Free Leftover Soup
Even before the quarantine, I have always had two bags in my freezer; one for vegetable scraps and the other for bones. When the bags are full, it is time to make soup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Total Time: About 2 hours
Yield: 8-10 servings
- vegetable ends and peelings
- bones from poultry or other meat*
- salt and pepper to taste
*I only use poultry bones when I make this soup.
- Add the bones and the vegetable scraps to a soup pot. I like to put them in a pasta strainer, so it is easier to remove them later on.
- Add water to barely cover. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove the strainer pot liner. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings.
- Discard the vegetable scraps. Cut any meat off the bones. You may serve as is, or add potatoes, rice or noodles.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.