Freezing Apples for Greek Yogurt?

I have an apple tree with a ton of tart apples (Anna). I want to freeze them to be put in Greek yogurt or to add to plain oatmeal. What is the best way to do this? I was thinking about adding raisins, cinnamon, apples, juice, and cooking for a while (not until mushy) then cooling and freezing. Should I add any other ingredients?

By Carol from San Marcos

Best Answer

I freeze apples in one of two ways. Either peel and chop them up and pop them in a freezer bag raw, or secondly, cook them and fill bags with them when cooled.

NO, please don't add anything to the apples that you suggested you would like. It changes the PH and the acid levels to make it unsafe. You can get the ball book of canning or check their online for freezing ideas. Also, contact your local extension service for bulletins on this. You can also go online to your state extension service for free information.
When it comes to food prep, it is foolish to 'cheat' the recipes, when canning/freezing food. You pay for it in the end by becoming ill or by ending up throwing out the food.

Good luck.

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJuly 22, 2012
👒
🐰
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Apples-7.html