Freezing Cooked Bacon

Category Meat
Precooked bacon can save you time preparing breakfast. This page is about freezing cooked bacon.

I see pretty expensive pre-cooked bacon in the stores now and decided to make it myself since I don't always have the time to make bacon for a quick, hearty breakfast.

I simply fry up the whole package of bacon at once, drain it on a paper towels, then place the crispy bacon onto a piece of parchment paper on top of a paper plate for a flat base. I cover the bacon with another piece of parchment and slide the whole thing into a gallon size plastic zip bag, close it and place it in the freezer.

Now when anyone wants a quick piece of bacon with breakfast (or anytime) we simply remove the slices and microwave them on a plate for 15- 20 seconds and it's good to go! No time consuming cooking nor any pan to clean up on busy mornings either!

My husband and I like turkey bacon. However, we only eat it once or twice a week. Once the package is opened, it usually goes bad in about a week. I get around this - and make breakfast quicker - by cooking the entire package about 3/4 of the way done (in the oven on a rack) and then putting it in a zip-top bag and keeping it in the freezer. Pop a couple of slices into the microwave for 20 seconds or so and we have hot fresh bacon and no more waste.

By Marie from Olathe, KS

I fry a whole pound of bacon at a time and chop it. I then freeze it in Tupperware and take a little out to sprinkle on salad or baked potatoes or for a recipe that requires a small amount.

Food and Recipes Freezing MeatMay 16, 2013
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Cooked-Bacon.html