Freezing Cooked Bacon

Category Meat
Precooked bacon can save you time preparing breakfast. This guide is about freezing cooked bacon.

My husband and I like turkey bacon. However, we only eat it once or twice a week. Once the package is opened, it usually goes bad in about a week. I get around this - and make breakfast quicker - by cooking the entire package about 3/4 of the way done (in the oven on a rack) and then putting it in a zip-top bag and keeping it in the freezer. Pop a couple of slices into the microwave for 20 seconds or so and we have hot fresh bacon and no more waste.

By Marie from Olathe, KS

I fry a whole pound of bacon at a time and chop it. I then freeze it in Tupperware and take a little out to sprinkle on salad or baked potatoes or for a recipe that requires a small amount.

- JulieBeth