Ready Bacon Anytime

contest winner icon
I see pretty expensive pre-cooked bacon in the stores now and decided to make it myself since I don't always have the time to make bacon for a quick, hearty breakfast.

I simply fry up the whole package of bacon at once, drain it on a paper towels, then place the crispy bacon onto a piece of parchment paper on top of a paper plate for a flat base. I cover the bacon with another piece of parchment and slide the whole thing into a gallon size plastic zip bag, close it and place it in the freezer.

Now when anyone wants a quick piece of bacon with breakfast (or anytime) we simply remove the slices and microwave them on a plate for 15- 20 seconds and it's good to go! No time consuming cooking nor any pan to clean up on busy mornings either!

Great tip! A real time saver.

Thanks! It really helps me get out of the house on early days without needing to stop somewhere for fast food too!

WOW, Thank You!!!

Hope it keeps you hopping in the morning! Great, quick addition to a lunch ( BLT, grilled cheese or other sandwich) too!

Great tip! I have been doing this for years. I hate smelling up my house with the smell of bacon so I do a couple pounds at a time and then freeze.

Great to take out and add to meals.

Great money saving tip. I love the precooked but gonna do this. I cook mine in the oven.

Do they come out soggy though? My grandson hates soggy bacon.
Marg from England.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsApril 10, 2019
😎
📓
🐛
🌻